Series of Regretable Decisions

 

("Series of Regrettable decisions"~ Trevor Nguyen, Oct. 31st, 2020. The entire backseat of Toyota Camry was filled with an unnecessary amount of Halloween candy.

The sight of this image would impress a lot of people, leaving many in awe of the sheer amount of candy in the back of my car. However, to me it is a sign, a sign to chill out and to think before I act. The events that transpired this night was definitely fun in the moment, but as soon as I got home at 3 in the morning, I regretted every last bit of it. 

My Halloween day started off as just another stressful Saturday, having tons of homework and essays to write for college applications. Originally, I was supposed to study for my AP Statistics test, and then complete a draft of one of the portfolio essays required for The Ross School of Business. However, I only completed 1 of those things, and the other (way more important) is still left undone. The reason for this is that as soon as I completed one task, I immediately thought I deserved a break. So I drove to one of my friend's house and he had the bright idea of going "trick or treating", but it was more like us stealing candy from little kids. What was supposed to be a short 1 hour break from my homework, turned into 4 hours of being jerks throughout the city of Troy. 

Most of the houses that were participating in the holiday, generally left bowls of candy outside with a sign that said "take 1-2". So just like 2 terrible people, we took the entire bowl and dumped it in the back of my car. This process continued for the entire night, until we hit 6 different blocks within Troy, checking every nook and cranny until we rid the city of candy. I felt awful, essentially what we did was take candy from a baby. I still feel bad, and I guess the events that happened today regarding me failing my Stats test and writing a horrible in class essay was Karma for what happened that night.  

Right after this image was taken, I felt the sudden urge to play tennis but I realized that all of my tennis balls resided in another person's car. So I had the bright idea of going to their house at 1 in the morning, forcing them to sneak out and risk getting grounded for life, just for them to give me 2 tennis balls. To end up not even playing tennis. I honestly felt terrible for what I put this person through that night and I guess that event also added onto the Karma I experienced on this terrible Monday. 

I swear this image explains my personality, or at least a conflict I've been having lately: Doing impulsive decisions which are fun in the moment, but regretting it later on. I'm going to take this image, this feeling, and my academic failures (which I would like to think is Karma in action) on this specific day as a sign to calm down and at least somewhat think before I do stuff. The consequences of my actions have caught up to me in an indirect form, but I am fully deserving of this. For the first time in 7 years, I will probably get a B as the overall course grade for the semester (maybe even 2 depending on how many points this in class essay was worth). I would like to think that the fact I'm even realizing this internal conflict is as a sign of maturity, since in the past I would do similar things and not feel any type of remorse or regret. That sounded absolutely terrible, but hopefully I learn from this feeling and actually change my ways for the better. 















Comments