Reflective Blog

 The reading and work load in 12 AP was definitely more than what I am accustomed to, but I expected it to be like this ever since I put a check mark next to it on my scheduling card. I was in 9 honors freshmen year and that class traumatized me in terms of work load. So overall, the work load was just about where I expected it to be, even though I haven't had to work this much for an english class in 3 years. The midterm was definitely one of the most enjoyable projects I've worked on in a while; the open ended structure  allowed me to free lance and I haven't had that opportunity ever (based on my memory). Granted I did have to meet some of the requirements like incorporating the sources to support my thesis, but after I hit those requirements I was able to throw in my voice and style. Speaking of voice and style, the blogs this year was actually awesome. I look forward to doing blogs every week, I guess you could say I heavily mess with them. The Harkness model of discussion over the typical seminar was definitely a relief to me, I hated the seminars I had to do in 9 honors ( it was literally the sole reason why I switched into the regular english path). This model just feels a lot more relaxed and overall way more enjoyable- there is a lot less pressure which is something seminars had an abundance of. Less pressure caused me to perform better (I think) during these discussions and actually made me want to participate in the conversation. 

Comments