Sounds

 This prompt reminds me of the first day of school. If I recall correctly we went around the class sharing our favorite word for whatever reason. Everyone's answers seemed so cool sounding and then I came in and said "Sauce". At the time this word was in heavy rotation within my vocabulary (not as much anymore but it makes an appearance here and there), it was just so versatile. For example, it can be used in a demeaning way-like an insult almost. Let's say Girish just got his ankles taken in basketball, my first instinct would be to scream "oh my god Girish just got sauced". Another utilization of this word would be to ask for something. Let's say you are having a picnic and wanted some napkins, you could say "Hey [insert name], can you sauce me the napkins?". 

Anyways, for this prompt I kind of wanted to come up with a different answer so I went on YouTube and searched up "best sounding words in english". There I came across this blonde lady giving me "10 Stunningly Beautiful English Words", as I was watching the video the words she was giving were straight doo doo. None of them really resonated with me (lowkey, "resonated" actually sounds cool and is definitely in my top 5 for sure). The best candidate from that video was "opulent", for whatever reason I mess with words beginning with the letter O.  

After finding no help on the internet I just decided to fish through my own brain for words that sound sick. "Aluminium" (I know the spelling seems incorrect, but that's the way British people spell it) is my answer. However, not the usual saying of it, I'm thinking of how British people say it. (I'll attach a link). It just sounds like luxury, a person who has exquisite taste in all facets of his/her life will definitely say this word. When I first discovered this new variation my whole world flipped upside down. My entire vocabulary landscape was forever changed. I thought I was so cool whenever I said aluminium instead of aluminum, swear I was putting people in a trance. Unfortunately, my 4th grade teacher did not find this amusing as she made me stop saying the word because I was being annoying with it. She put me on the wall during recess and that was enough for me to cut my losses and stop saying it. In a way, she successfully silenced me.     

Sidenote: bro some kids just need to learn how to take a joke and not take thing super seriously, like jeez calm down. (might've seem super random but that was just a random thought I had in my mind lately) 

Bar of the day: "Don't attach me to your name"-lil uzi vert

Song of the day: "XXX"-Kendrick Lamar, feat. U2



Comments